SuperAdobe requires few materials, but one of the most important is the sand bag. CalEarth provides special SuperAdobe bags sold by the roll to make your build faster and easier. These are available for order through our website.
AVAILABLE FOR SHIPPING IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY
Selecting the Correct SuperAdobe Bag
What length do I choose?
- 250 yard rolls- small dome (up to 8 foot diameter), small garden bed, retaining wall
- 500 yard rolls- medium dome (10-12 foot diameter), larger landscaping or retaining wall projects
- 1000 yard rolls-larger domes (Eco-Dome uses approximately 2000 yards)
What width do I choose?
- 14 inch width: Dome diameter 12 foot or smaller and all landscaping
- 16 inch width: Domes diameter 13-14 foot (Eco-Dome Apses use 16” bag), all landscaping
- 18 inch width: Domes diameter 15 foot (Eco-Dome central dome uses 18” bag), thicker retaining walls/benches
- 20 inch width: Dome diameter 16-17 foot. Vault Walls, thicker retaining walls/benches. *Only available in 1,000 yard size
- Prices include shipping within continental US. $80 shipping surcharge per $250 roll for Hawaii. NO international orders. For list of international bag manufacturers please click here. This list is in progress so if you find additional bag distributors in other locations please let us know so we can share with others.
- All rolls must be stored in a dark place. Material degrades when exposed to light.
- CalEarth is not responsible for defects in products.
- Bags are sold in conjunction with CalEarth’s training courses. CalEarth is not liable for defective construction.
- Check with local codes and building and safety department before constructing
- 15% discount for workshop alumni
- Bags take approximately 7-10 days to arrive once order has been processed
- P.O. Boxes are not accepted as shipping addresses