Online Core Curriculum- 3 options
The "Core Curriculum" is what we teach in all our on-site workshops (Weekend A, Weekend B, Core Curriculum 4 Day). We now have the entire curriculum (including the dome building workshop) available online for download and streaming. Obviously there is no replacement for in-person training, but these lectures and demonstrations cover all the topics we teach at CalEarth. Depending on what you are interested in, the Core Curriculum comes in three options. See below for details.
All core curriculum packages include:
- Plasters Supplemental Video: Plastering with Straw/Clay
- Plasters Supplemental Video: Plastering with Earth & Lime Stabilizer
- Plasters Supplemental Video: Plastering with Earth & Cement Stabilizer
Core Curriculum Bonus Lectures (Not Available for Individual Purchase)
- Lesson 1: Intro
- Lesson 2: Brick Arches & Geometry
- Lesson 3: Using a Compass
- Lesson 4: Soils Practicum & Discussion
- Lesson 5: Eco-Dome Footprint/Layout
- Lesson 6: Design
- Lesson 7: Placing Doors & Windows
CORE OPTION ONE:
Run Time: 14.5 hours
Included Content: All of the Core Curriculum Lessons plus the Nader Khalili Lecture Series
core option two:
Run Time: 17 hours
Included Content: All of the Core Curriculum Lesson plus the How to Build a Dome Class Series
Entire Curriculum: (Best Value)
HOW DOES THE DIGITAL COURSE WORK?
Immediately after payment, you will be able to download a PDF digital handbook. In the handbook are instructions with a link for where to view and/or download the videos.
250 yards can build a small dome (up to 8 foot diameter), small garden bed, retaining wall.
- 14 inch width: good for any dome up to 12 foot, all landscaping
- 16 inch width: Domes up to 14 foot (Eco-Dome Apses use 16” bag), all landscaping
- 18 inch width: Domes up to 16 foot (Eco-Dome central dome uses 18” bag), thicker retaining walls/benches
Filmmaker: Jerry Peterson
© copyright 2017 Cal-Earth Inc.